Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Didnt see it coming......

Have been travelling okay this week. Still cant walk very well and Lucy (my little keg on legs) is suffering although Mark takes her for runs on the week end if he has time.

Except for yesterday – Really don’t know what happened. Started eating and just couldn’t stop. Ate so much all day that by 5 pm was feeling ill. Even tossed up about not going to yoga and just going to bed but knew it would do me good (and it did). Don’t know where the brain snap came from – was I cold, bored, in pain – I don’t know and it is driving me mad. Probably undid the good I have done all week in that one long binge.

Anyway have hopefully moved on and today will be better although rugby semi-final on Saturday night could be another hiccup.

Have been preparing myself for winter. Bought a new navy wool coat/jacket to wear to work (navy and stone/beige are the colours). Really toasty warm. This week I am looking for gloves to wear to work (I have my fingerless gloves to wear at work so that I can still type).

Also I have bought a new work bag. I found I was carrying lots of bags so I have consolidated. Saw an article in Notebook magazine this month for Spencer and Rutherford bags and check them out on the internet and ordered a business bag. It arrived this week and is absolutely gorgeous. It has been made from the most beautiful materials, very lush looking and makes me smile everytime I look at it because of its sheer gorgeousness. It is called Eleanor (tranquillity). It will fit my laptop too if I feel inclined to lug it around.
http://www.spencerandrutherford.com/store/eleanor-tranquility-p99029.html (here is hopefully a link to it).

Postscript: Well rugby semi-final was okay. Tahs won and so it is onwards and upwards to play the Crusaders this weekend in NZ. Didnt eat or drink too much but spent much of the weekend lying down and when we had to go out on Saturday night I dosed up on painkillers. Spent most of Sunday on the lounge which I think didnt hurt me. I dont think anybody has died of a messy house.

GP has prescribed some tablets to help me get through this rough period which I think are helping although I didnt really want to go down that road. Also have a referral to a psycologist (?) to talk about getting some coping skills but cant seem to link up with her. I am feeling better within myself (my mind is calmer) although still aching which is to be expected. My GP says to feel this way when you have a chronic illness is to be expected but I still dont like the sadness.

Am just going to try and keep my weight level at the moment without worrying too much about diet. Too many things to think of at once and I am really craving cheese. Go figure.

3 comments:

  1. Julie - you just make me feel so humble - I'm so in awe of how you manage to cope with your pain and yet stay so positive. I love your new bag - enjoy it! This year has become a bit booked out - between the leg op, Vietnam in a couple of months then Mum, Sister and BinL at Christmas. But methinks I should just set aside 3/4 days in 2009 (during your school holidays)so we can catch up - what do you reckon? We could go all out and try and arrange for Anne and Suzy to be there too! Take care my lovely. Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise with Anne's comment above - I dont' know how you remain so postive. Take care:-)

    Please look up EFT on the net and see if you think it could help you. Sounds weird but I've seen it in action and there is something in it.

    Now going to check out the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geeeeeeee all my problems and illnesses are nothing compared to what you go throu, you my friend are a wonder!! Take care now.

    Love the new bag !!

    ReplyDelete