Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Here we go again

I am having trouble with blogger. I thought about starting another blog and now cant get rid of it. I have gone into settings and deleted it but it is still there. Hovering in the background like a no longer welcome guest at a party. Damnation why am I so challenged.

Tired today. Sydney weather is the pits at this time of year. Hot and humid. Everything is an effort and sleep is nearly impossible. I want M to put in ceiling fans in the bedrooms but he is resisting saying they keep him awake. Comes down in the end to - does he want a cranky tired wife or would he prefer sleep. His choice.

J swam in a harbour swim on Australia Day. 2.2 kms in choppy water. Did it in 35 mins. Her first open water swim in a long time. She is now all enthused and is doing the Cole classic this Sunday and another one in March. She is also booking to do the Kokoda Trail in June/July. Boundless energy.

Now some housekeeping - Linda I will get to your tag. I dont mind doing them but have trouble responding to them but I will try.
Anne I cant seem to get into your blog again. Maybe I have forgotten something. Entirely possible. Will check my emails to see if there is something in there to jog my memory. Faintly remember something.

Had trouble with my knee again in Queensland. I actually think it was because I hadnt been wearing my orthotics as I was in thongs a lot. Became so painful that I couldnt lie on my side with my knee resting on the bed. The only position that was painfree was on my back and that of course let to snoring. Fun times had by all. Dr put me on prednisone as she thought it was an inflamed tendon. Between that and the orthotics fixed itself really quickly. I had put off going to the drs for a couple of weeks as I thought I might end up in hospital again and I dont want to do that. Silly I know, the damage I was doing could have led to greater problems. Still get twinges now and then but generally okay.

Tried to go swimming yesterday. I dont remember if I swam overarm last year after my back operation but the pain that occurred after swimming half the length of our home pool was horrible. I think M thought he was going to have to rescue me. Breaststroke was okay.

Am going back to yoga tomorrow night after fourteen months or more off. Am going to take it very very slowly and not push myself and see if I can last the term this time.

Weight is blah. Goes up and down like a yoyo. Am trying to track using Weight Watchers but it is so disheartening. I am in minus points this week but that is to be expected if you saw the photo of my brunch on Australia Day on Facebook. Even the days that I think I am doing well are not great when I total up the points.

Weight Watchers weigh in is tomorrow morning. I have been weighing myself everyday and recording on an iPhone app I think is called Weightbot. That is a big wake up call. It tells me that for my height etc I am overweight. Nifty little graph which bears the bad news every single day. LOL. Maybe the wake up I need. Don't want but need.

Enough rambling have a great week. back to work I go
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie - good to see you back - sorry to hear of your troubles with blogger - remember that sometimes it isn't you it is the computer !!!!!

    Sorry to hear of your knee troubles - mine is still there but not as bad - really trying to nurse it along until I can get running on it again.

    Man, I don't know how you survive without ceiling fans - we have them in all the bedrooms and the loungerooms - definitley couldn't live without them. Sometimes Al prefers it off when we are sleeping - I just wait for him to fall asleep (5 mins tops) and then switch it onto low - I am happy as Larry and he doesn't even know until he wakes up the next morning !!!

    Well done on J's swim - I love hearing of people getting out there and being active - too many people lead lives that are so sedentary.

    Good luck with your tracking - just do the best that you can !!

    Love, hugs and positive energy.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a yoyo too....trip to Melbourne and the drive back didn't help!!
    Time to tie that string on the yoyo methinks!!

    ReplyDelete