Friday, August 30, 2013

No Photos

I have photos and just went to download them off my phone and found I am nearly out of battery.  Damn.  Will have to wait until next time

The professional learning overnight stay last week seesawed between great and horrible.  On Friday it was blowing a gale and freezing cold.  Stayed at a place with no heating except in the bathroom where there was one of those heaters in the light. I think they are Fantastics.  The sight of three women standing in the bathroom trying to get warm was very funny.  I ate all the wrong foods and have paid for it in spades.

We had to walk to another building to have dinner and there was no lighting and it was pitch black and no paths.  Thank goodness for flash lights in mobile phones but I was deathly scared that I would fall again.

It was professional learning about cultural immersion and the two young Aboriginal men who performed and guided us were amazing.

If I could have gone home on Saturday morning I would have but as I had no alternative I soldiered on and I am so glad I did.

We drove out to Mount Yengo near Wollombi which is a very special spiritual place for local Aboriginals.  We didnt actually go to Mount Yengo because it is such a special place to these young men but we could see it and we also went to a map site where there were lots of Aboriginal engravings and Stewart explained what they meant to this people.  I did put a picture of Mount Yengo on Facebook and I will put it on here next time when my phone is charged.

Anyway, I got home about 3 pm and went straight to bed.  I was so tired.  And also, because I am slightly stupid, I got up the next day and tried to do everything that I normally do on the weekend in one day.  As a result when I woke up on Monday morning I was in so much pain and exhausted once again.  Ended up staying in bed all day Monday and slept until mid afternoon.  Have felt a lot better for the rest of the week so have decided that while I probably wont over exert myself to that extent again I will take a day off every 3 months to get my strength back.

I have started walking Lucy again.  Just a short easy walk every afternoon when I can (probably not today as I wont have time).  It is just a short flat walk but since the weather is so incredible at the moment it has been the highlight of my day and it is not something that I feel I have to do but something I really want to do and look forward to.  The fragrances from all the flowers blooming at the moment is quite heady.

My weight is now hovering between 65-66 but will probably go up this weekend as we have such a busy social time lined up.  Some weekends we have nothing (yahoo) and some weekends we are out all the time.

Tonight we are going to a concert at Chatswood and having dinner before hand and have just heard we are meeting for drinks before dinner.  It is getting earlier and earlier.  Not sure I will make the drinks but will try.

Tomorrow night Fox is going to a high school reunion and of course it is Fathers Day here on Sunday.  We were going to go out to lunch but he decided that it is too expensive so he cancelled the booking and we are doing brunch at home with the children supplying all the food.

I am going to make a dairy and gluten free pizza tomorrow night for my dinner.  Sounds weird I know but it is actually really yummy.  I am also going to make some of Lynda's wheat-free rolls.  Saw her recipe on blog the other day and they look yummy too.  I cannot for the life of my find the link to her blog (still having problems with Feedly).

As mentioned previously the weather in Sydney has been marvellous lately (except for a few windy days). No rain though.  Todays temperature is supposed to get to 27 deg C.  This is the end of winter would you believe.

J is moving home in a couple of weeks.  Shock horror!  She is going to move in with a friend but they cant move in together until October as the other girl is in a lease.  After yet another phone call this week bemoaning the fact that she had no money to which I pointed out that at the moment she was paying an outrageous amount of rent and she had just got back from 5 weeks overseas, I suggested that she put all her stuff in storage (because she doesnt want to sell any furniture yet) and move back home for a short period.  Paying the storage charge would have to be cheaper than weekly rent.

Anyway she has done that and has given notice at her flat and booked the removalist.  Our life will be in turmoil for a month but we have told her she has to be moved back out by the end of October as we have people coming to stay.

At the moment, on paper, it all looks good.

Fox's birthday last week.  I ended up buying him his own iPad and even though he said he didnt want it and it hasnt really been out of his hands since I gave it to him last Tuesday.  I bought the wrong cover for it though and Apple very kindly replaced it with the one I should have bought at no extra charge because I am such a good customer.  It made my day, no actually that made my week and just re-enforce why I love dealing with this company and buying their products.

I think that is all at the moment.  I hope everything is going well for everybody - you are in my thoughts often.


1 comment:

  1. ohh to see a number on the scales starting with a 6 would be awesome :-)