Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rest time

Things not going well. Am confined to bed for the moment. Poor old body has seized up again. Every joint is aching. Thought it might be the dreaded flu but have revised that diagnosis. Think it might be a mixture of things. Have changed my arthritis medication and maybe not working as well as the other poison I was taking. And/or I dont think that this extra weight I am carrying at the moment is helping. My body really cant take any extra weight (poor old thing). Anyway, sitting in bed catching up with everyone and waiting for the rheumatologists to open. No matter what I think I will go back onto my old medication as from tonight and just try to be very careful how I take it. Hope I can make yoga tonight.

7 comments:

  1. you have my sympathy. arthritis is, if you'll pardon the expression, a bitch. I know from personal experience, as i make regular visits to a rheumatologist too. sometimes it's better than others, and when it's bad----yuk! Hope you'll be feeling more cheerful soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry things aren't good. Hope you are soon feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I hope you feel better soon and don't push yourself! Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie. Sorry to hear the body is mis-behaving again. Hopefully the medication will have you up and about soon. M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie, so sorry to hear you're having a bad spell. My sister suffers from a genetic muscle disorder and sometimes she is totally incapacitated. So although as me I really have no idea how awful it must be to have your body just refuse to cooperate, I do have a little bit of understanding through what she suffers. Given what you're working through I think you are an absolute legend to have been even trying C25K. I kind of feel quite helpless - wish I could do/say something to improve things for you.
    Big hugs
    Z xx
    ps think I might have to just use some FF points and come and meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I meant to tell you that I went to the Opera a couple of weeks ago with the kids for a special Childrens version of the Magic Flute and it was wonderful. I cried as it was my first Opera experience LOL..

    Hope you had a good weekend - and have fun at the field of dreams - great event..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better now Julie - what an absolute bummer of a thing to have to deal with.. Hope your meds get it sorted out..

    ReplyDelete