Sunday, September 09, 2012

Life wasn't meant to be easy...

Finally able to type something.  You know - one of those days when nothing goes right.

I am sitting in bed, a place I havent left in two days except to vote in the council elections.  I have been as sick as a dog and let me tell you I am over it.

It started with a bit of a cough on Monday.  Progressed on Tuesday to starting to lose my voice. Still went to a work conference on Wednesday/ Thursday even though I had started to feel terrible.

Just made it through but got a doctors appointment on Friday and cancelled the endoscopy which was to have happened on Friday because didn't think an anesthetic was such a great idea.

Couldn't face the trip home by public transport so Jess offered to drive into the city and pick me up.  On the way home she rang the doctors changed my appointment to that afternoon, took me to the doctors and the chemist, brought me home and I went to bed and I have been there ever since.

I obviously have a secondary infection but had to plead with the doctor for antibiotics.  They all know that my immune system is impaired and can't fight even normal infections.

I am still coughing like I have a 3 pack a day habit, my voice hasn't returned as yet, my throat (complete with ulcers) is slightly less sore than it was, no energy, no food in the house, no clean clothes, have run out of the medication I am supposed to take first thing every morning and I don't have a prescription because I think I thought I was having the endoscopy on Friday and I might not need to take it any more.  At least that is what I thought I thought, I can't remember.

I am supposed to fly to Mudgee tomorrow night for another conference but I don't think I am going to make it.

M hates it when I am sick.  Big problem at the moment is that I still have to tell him what needs doing - he is deaf and I can hardly talk and he asks me to repeat everything I say.  If I was well enough I may hit him.

Oh well, what did Malcolm Fraser say all those years ago - life wasn't meant to be easy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie.......I do hope you are feeling much better by now. There are some nasty viruses etc doing the rounds at the moment. A Dr in NZ told me to take panadeine tabs (not panadol) for the cough that comes with these type of illnesses. They do help if you can take them. I dissolve them in a hot lemon drink......makes for a better nights sleep.
    Get well soon and take care of yourself. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M is making me warm lemon, honey and aspirin drinks to which I am slowly becoming addicted to. Prefer it over tea, coffee and yes even wine but he only makes me at the most two a day as I fear he has cottoned on to my addiction.

      Delete