Thursday, October 09, 2008

Shoes Glorious Shoes

I went shoe shopping today. I needed a pair of navy blue flat shoes for work. I might as well have been asking for the moon.

My trusty comfy navy blue flat shoes I wear to work have developed a squeak. I dont think it is me. Im pretty sure it is the shoes.

The only navy blue flat shoes I could find would have looked great if I was 120 years old but not on a bit overweight hip 55 year old. Hip not hippy though the second also applies at the moment.

I got to look at all the gorgeous shoes that you wear in your 20s and 30s and sighed and moved on. Ended up buying a pair of flat tan pointy toed shoes. They are comfortable, look reasonable modern and I figure that they will sort of go with my uniform.

Next time I see a pair of suitable navy blue shoes I am going to buy two pairs!

I will dream tonight of gorgeous high heeled sandals in the latest styles and be content.

1 comment:

  1. Have a bit of a shoe fetish do you??? lol
    But know what you mean...I have troubled finding "hip" shoes too as I have a fat foot...wellllll a broad one anyways and finding shoes to fit them is not easy!!

    ReplyDelete