Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday the second last day of 2013

Terrible night. Hot one minute cold the next.  The pain was bad, M was snoring. All in all I don't know why I bothered.  I am so tired.

Woke this morning at birdsong and the birds were going berserk which of  course set Lucy off.  Then she sulked because we ignored her and wouldn't let her out to defend the house against a probable cat attack. Life is hard.

My weight is in the very low 60s now.  I found over Christmas that I was continually asked what my secret was. How had I lost so much weight. What kind of diet was I on.

No one really believed my answers because I really didn't sound convincing I know.

I don't diet anymore. I don't really  know what happened earlier this year. It coul have something to do with the doctors changing my medication because of the kidney problems. I don't know.

What I do know is for the first time in my life that I remember when I eat I feel full and I stop eating otherwise I feel ill.

For years I have dieted and made special meals for me.  Now I just eat what M eats but just a smaller quantity and of course I don't eat gluten or dairy but I do substitute when I can.

And finally, exercise didn't make any difference to my actual weight loss but it does make me feel better and hopefully over time will tighten some of the saggy baggy skin. But I think this is just an age thing - my skin has lost all it's elasticity which enabled it to pop back when I was younger. Oh the joys of old age.

A positive over Christmas was J gave me a stylus and I now seem to be able to comment on people's blogs  on my ipad without stuffing everything up. I was typing comments and then losing them and giving up.  I have found I can be more accurate with the stylus.  Also M bought me a shredder ( just what he wanted) but luckily I bought him the Pink DVD. It always evens out doesn't it?
_____________________
Went to the gym and had a good workout.  It's been a week since I last went because of  the holidays and different opening hours. It felt good to get back into the routine at the time but the pain is coming back. My left forearm is aching. Probably did too much.

Dinner tonight with the kids was enjoyable as always. M tried to get support for  less vegetables but the kids overruled him. My work is done.

Oh well have taken my extra pain killers and hopefully they will work soon.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and we have friends coming over. A few quiet drinks and an early night I think is planned by all. After all we getting on you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment