Lying around gives you lots of time to think and ask questions of yourself.
Why do I always wait until I hit rock bottom before I do the push off from the bottom (curtail my excesses), get tired and sink again? Then it all starts again.
Is it all too hard, do I forget how good it feels not to be fat, am I addicted to food - especially the food that is not good for me.
1. There is no secret to being slim
2. Start slowly (which is hard because that is when I am the most enthusiastic).
3. Be honest about what I eat.
5. Work out the best food plan for me and my lifestyle.
6. Go easy on myself.
7. An exercise plan that combines cardio/resistance is the best for me.
8. I mustn't cut my food intake too severely because my body tends to think that it is starving.
9. Prepare myself - research research research!
10. Don't blame my genes.
11. Dont overdo the exercise.
12. Understand that I will lose a lot at the beginning but the weight loss will even out and plateau.
13. Dont compare myself to others.
14. Dont obsess over what I perceive to be my problem points.
15. Visualise me when I am slimmer, healthier etc etc.
16. Mix up my diet and exercise so that my body doesn't know what is going to happen next.
17. Question why I want to reward bad days/moments with food.
18. Remind myself to STOP and think before proceeding along that pathway.
I know I can do this but I don't know I can maintain this. 2006's goal for me will be maintenance.