Monday, May 11, 2009

A new week

I've moved my laptop back into my study. No more bed blogging.

I'm daydreaming out the window - dark skies, sun's out but I know it is cold out there, green trees and bushes, noisy miners bickering on the deck, Lucy asleep on my bed because I have left the electric blanket on in case I have to go back to bed suddenly.

I had to laugh yesterday, Mark was absolutely exhausted after cooking dinner and lunch and doing all the ironing and putting all the washing away and cleaning up the kitchen. It was all I could do to not say "welcome to my world" but I didn't because I really appreciate what he is trying to do.

Jess is not working today and I am so looking forward to her visit. She always explodes onto the scene. Her entrances are always dramatic and make me laugh. She is like some little wild kitten, completely untamed. She will probably arrive bearing coffee (or she had just introduced me to vanilla chai skim latte which tastes too sweet to be good for my weight) and anything else that she thinks I might need. Actually while I love the coffee her presence is enough. I am so blessed to have her.

The nights are hardest although yesterday there were a few bumps during the day. You may have heard of the term "busy legs" (my doctor's term). I think only women in menopause have it. My definition is that when I am lying down, or even sometimes when I am sitting, I cannot keep my legs still. They have to be on the move all the time. Doesn't that conjure up a mad picture! Usually a dose of magnesium clears this up but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment and so I spend all night trying not to wake Mark and trying to get comfortable. Not conducive to a good nights sleep for anyone. If anyone has any other remedies I would appreciate it. This all might end on Wednesday when the plaster and stitches are removed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Two more attempted sleeps!

Got my Rudd money the other day. Whoo hoo. Am going to buy a sewing machine. Nothing flash just for repairs and patchwork. I have a friend who is willing to teach me patchwork so this will be one of my aims this year. Something to keep my hands occupied. Oh, and knitting but I am kind of scared of knitting (ridiculous isn't it?).

Hope today travels well for you all. I'm off to iTunes to look up a calming mantra I read about on another blog. Music sometimes helps me as does yoga and breathing but as I said at the moment nothing is working.

1 comment:

  1. You daughter sounds jusst lovely:-)

    LOL - in our house it's my man that gets the twitchy legs.

    If you get a minute - take a look at this website:
    http://www.emofree.com/
    Can be used to help with pain, calming techniques etc and it worked for me when I was getting anxiety attacks.

    ReplyDelete