Friday, April 21, 2006

A Gain and I'm Having a Moan

I had a gain this week of 200g. I know this is not much but it is something I am having difficulty with at the moment.

Without eating any chocolate whatsoever this week I was 29 points over. We have been out a lot and I am finding it extremely difficult to monitor what I eat and drink when we go out. No the drinking usually isnt too bad and I try to go for the best dish I can find on the menu - yesterday went with Mum to RSL for lunch (not my choice) and had the vegetarian fettucine in nap sauce which looked the best of a bad lot and a diet coke. My problem is that we went out again last night to friends for dinner and I couldnt exactly order from a menu and it was pasta again. Mark said to ask them for a really small serving (this was after they had served) but I felt it was rude to do that - stupid I know! The dinner was for their eldest son who is off to Iraq in a couple of weeks for 6 to 9 months so I felt my dietary problems didnt really amount to much at that particular moment.

Here I am again roughly 13 points over for the day and I will spend the rest of the week trying to peg that back.

Good news is we are entertaining tomorrow night at home and I am in control of the menu so I will be able to pick things that suit me like marinated atlantic salmon, new potatoes and a salad. There will be a tart for dessert but not for me.

Note to self: get mineral water to make spritzers.

Problems:
How to go out as much as we do and stay within my points.

Goal:
To learn how to eat only, say half, of a "bad" meal when I am out.

Question:
1. Need new shoes - thinking about Rykas (?)from Athletes Foot. Does anybody have these shoes and are they any good?
2. Want to buy a mini trampoline to exercise on. Does anybody have one and are they beneficial?

I missed my dentist appointment this morning by 45 minutes. Unbelievable! My mind is going on me. It was written in my diary correctly but infused into my mind wrong. Oh well there is always next school holidays.

Cleaning lady is coming this afternoon to talk about cleaning house for me. Now dont laugh but I have to go and clean my house before she comes.

Oh also made a meatloaf which I got off a WW forum for dinner last night (still fed the children)and it got the thumbs up from the kids especially Jess who normally doesnt like meatloaf. Its estimated points value per serving was 5.5 and it was really yummy and easy to make.

From the kitchen of LEANORA_96
Servings 4

Ingredients:
500g extra lean ground beef
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup grated low-fat tasty cheese
1/2 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 small onion chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbs parsley
2 tsp Italian Herbs
1 tbs tomato sauce
1 tbs worcestershire steak sauce (I used just plain worcestershire sauce)
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a loaf pan
2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl andmix thoroughly
3. Press mixture in prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour

There was a special note - wheat bran is a good substitute for breadcrumbs.


Hope everyone has a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. It is so hard to monitor what you eat when you go out a lot - I know that we don't tend to go out much when I am being really good but because we work in the evenings we don't have as many opportunities either.
    M has Ryka's and Slim Suzy has a trampoline so you can always get in touch with them if they don't read this particular entry.
    Hope you have a great weekend - take care.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both Ryka's and a mini tramp. I LOVE my shoes and will be buying a new pair of them on the weekend. They have lasted me just over a year and have only caused a problem recently with blisters when I wore out the padding on the inside of the shoe around the heel. I do this with my shoes due to the shape of my foot which has a small bone growth just up from the heel. This should not happen to you. As the shoes are built exclusively for Women, these people know what they are talking about. i highly recommend giving them a try.

    I have not used my tramp as much as I thought I would but that is down to my own lack of planning. It is a great way to jog whilst watching tv and half an hour of that adds on a few thousand steps to your day.

    Hope that helps, and hope you have a wonderful weekend. You have raised some other good questions and I think your plan of eating half of a meal is a good way to minimise a points blowout.

    Catch up with you another time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find eating out still stressful...but we don't go out that often so it's not so bad for me.

    I don't have Ryka's but I do have a mini tramp and I love it! I've tried skipping on it which is a bit of a challenge but fun...LOL I also jog on it every once in awhile, while watching tv. I bought mine at the Sunday markets, almost brand new!

    Have a fab weekend Julie....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 200g? You do realise you could wee this out :-)

    LOL at missing the dentist appointment because I did something similar recently. My friend Sarah was having her hen's night on a Saturday but I had convinced myself it was the Friday...even after checking the invitation several times. I turned up and was quite embarrassed to turn up to the same restaurant the following night as well, asking for the same party. The same waiter came around too to seat me too!

    Good going with the meatloaf! I think kids are the hardest critics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I credit my mini tramp to my success in losing the weight I wanted to and to maintaining. Doesn't matter what the weather is like, I can still jog on my tramp for 30 minutes while watching TV or listening to music. Mine was under $50 at KMart. It doesn't have springs. Nothing to break. Still like new after 17months constant use. GO FOR IT! It Hides away under the bed too. (No, I'm not on commission!)

    ReplyDelete