Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Time Out

I have been so busy at work this week. Arrived on Monday morning to find that the marine studies area had been broken into. They stole a fish tank and pumps and filters and heaters and did a lot of damage getting in so I spent all day yesterday trying to work out the "new" electronic notifying system that we have to use but have received no training in.

Have just had a phone call to let me know that a dear friends 16 year old daughter has just died in hospital. Apparently she was hit by a golf club on Sunday while playing golf.

That's all I can do today. My heart is breaking for this couple who are two of the nicest people I have ever met. This was their baby. Oh god.... sometimes it seems so unfair.
:o(

Edit: I dont know what is happening. Have just received an email to let me know that a work colleagues 18 year old daughter was killed on Saturday night coming home from a party. The world seems to be going to hell.....
Sorry to be so depressing - I am just so incredibly sad at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Julie that is so sad and terrible. You are right, life is totally unfair at times like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o( ... I am so sorry to hear about your friends daughter. That is truly terrible news ....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrible thing to happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I can't believe it. I hope you are OK and my heart goes out to your friends. Life is very unfair at times.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you xx

    ReplyDelete